What Linkin Park Meant To Me....


Today we lost a man that helped me through my teenage life, Chester Bennington. The lead singer of Linkin Park. I was in Middle School and going through a rough time. I was diagnosed with manic depression at the time and home life was awful. My Mom and Step Dad were always fighting and I was being bullied from school. My Step Dad had no idea how to deal with me so he would be on me about every little thing. He and I would come close to physical confrontation many times and at some points it did get physical. With music I could escape and one of the main bands to help me was Linkin Park. The song In The End comes to mind and man does it bring back some memories.

I remember sitting on the floor in my room thinking of how to end my life while listening to a rock station on the radio when that song came on. It actually got a reaction out of me and for once I forgot what was going on in my head, If only for a short time. Later I discovered many more of their songs that I related to but In The End was the song of theirs I liked most.

Later in life when I met my wife she and I would listen to their music together. She loved them even more than I did and it showed. I remember the first time we talked we discussed Linkin Park for hours. They were a huge help for her teenage years as well. We've listened to them just about every day. I still have all their songs on my laptop right now. My wife has most of them on her phone as well. Hybrid Theory and Meteora are two albums that I remember very well. My wife's favorite song of theirs is A place for my head and she goes wild for it every time it plays. I guess you can say they are her favorite band.

Linkin Park will forever be a band dear to my heart. Chester brought their music to life and he delivered it with such a powerful performance. His voice was one for a generation of teenage angst. May he Rest In Peace...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shut Off The Light (Sep 18, 2015)

Panick Attack (Sep 14,2013)

Dead Dream (July 1, 2017)